An adventure in art and craft.
Roth’s Private Reserve
For those who prefer it rare.
As one of our Roth Cellar cheeses, Roth’s Private Reserve is a rare breed indeed. Each year we use the perfect batch of seasonal raw milk from local family farms. We only craft this unique cheese by small batches in our traditional copper vats. Then the cheese ages in our Roth cellars where our skilled Cellar Masters wash, brush, flip and care for the cheese until it has reached its optimal flavor – typically for six months or more. Even then, Roth’s Private Reserve is released only when the flavor is perfectly, perfect. It’s a journey that’s oh-so worth the wait.
- U.S. Championship Cheese Contest 2nd Place 2017
- Wisconsin State Fair 1st Place 2016
- World Championship Cheese Contest 2nd Place 2016
- World Cheese Awards Bronze 2016
- U.S. Championship Cheese Contest 2nd Place 2015
- American Cheese Society 2nd Best of Show 2015
- American Cheese Society 1st Place 2015
- Wisconsin State Fair 2nd Place 2014
- Green County Fair Grand Champion 2014
- American Cheese Society 3rd Place 2014
- World Cheese Awards Bronze 2014
- American Cheese Society 1st Place 2017
Light and crumbly with very fine crystals of surprising taste, this raw milk masterpiece starts with a medium tanginess, then becomes sweet with honey and butterscotch notes. Cellar-aged for 6 month or more.
- Hazelnuts, almonds, apples & grapes
- A schmear of apricot or fig preserves
- Riesling or hard cider
- A cheese plate centerpiece
- Shaving atop asparagus and prosciutto pizza
- Slicing on crostini topped with cured meats
- Gluten Free
Ingredients: Cultured milk, salt, enzymes. CONTAINS MILK.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 oz (28g) Servings Per Container Varied, Calories 110, Fat Cal. 80, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Total Carb. 0g (0% DV), Fiber 0g (0% DV), Cholest. 25g (8% DV), Sodium 130mg (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Sugars 0g (0% DV), Protein 7g, Vitamin A (6% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Calcium (20% DV), Iron (0% DV) Percent Daily Values (DV) based on a 2,000 calorie diet. KEEP REFRIGERATED.