There’s nothing quite like gathering with friends to cheer on your favorite team. The excitement of any sports event can be hard work! This is why no tailgate is complete without an infinite spread of snacks and finger foods. Cheer on your team in style with a crowd-pleasing cheeseboard!
Step 1: Choose a few easy-going kinds of cheese to pair with the classic tailgating munchies. Tailgating is a casual event, offering a variety that is simple and approachable is key.
- Prairie Sunset, this easy-going, sweet, cheese, compliments the casual feel. It pairs well with most, especially – almonds, fruit, beef sticks and pilsners
- Chipotle Havarti, a kick of spice and smoke brings savory full circle. Pairs especially well with – olives, beef sticks, corn chips and IPAs
- Grand Cru Reserve, a bold savory cheese for a bold savory board. Pairs especially well with – beef sticks, almonds bock beers and IPAs
- Buttermilk Blue + wings = a match made in heaven.
- Sriracha Gouda, hot and fiery, and perfect with a Bloody Mary. (Also great with honey and ciders!)
You could even mix things up by adding a spicy cheeseball to your spread. This Spicy Buffalo Cheeseball made with our popular Jalapeño Havarti cheese is super easy and a crowd-pleaser for game day.
Step 2: Choose your favorite tailgating accompaniments. Salty and savory tend to be the flavor profile of choice. But it never hurts to throw in a few refreshing fruits and veggies.
- Beef sticks
- Buffalo chicken wings
- Cherry tomatoes
- Corn chips
- Garlic-stuffed olives
- Potato chips
- Soft pretzels
- Snack mix
- BBQ chips
- Italian salami
Step 3: Mix up that Bloody Mary, swig down a beer, sit back and watch your team dominate the field.