Adapted from a recipe by Joanne Weir, chef/cookbook author Buttermilk Blue® and mushrooms are a match made in heaven, and fresh herbs are an inspired addition.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 1 pound (16 ounces) thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) coarsely grated Roth Fontina cheese
- 1 cup (5-6 ounces) crumbled Roth Buttermilk Blue®Cheese
- 12 slices coarse-textured bread, toasted
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high.
- Add mushroom slices; cook until liquid evaporates, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add parsley, thyme and mint; stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Heat broiler. Gently stir cheeses into mushrooms.
- Spread mixture over bread slices.
- Place on baking sheet; broil until bubbly and cheese melts.