These sweet and rich wontons make an unexpected dessert or appetizer. Recipe by: Chef Dan Fox
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Roth® Buttermilk Blue® Cheese
- ¾ cup dried black mission figs
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- Pinch of salt
- 25 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg
- 1 quart vegetable or canola oil
- Place Buttermilk Blue cheese, figs and port wine in bowl of food processor; process until well combined. Salt to taste.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture in center of each wonton wrap.
- Beat egg; brush egg along edges of wonton wrappers. Fold wrappers to desired shape, enclosing cheese mixture. Press edges to seal.
- Heat oil in large, deep pan or deep fryer to 350°F.
- Fry wontons, 6-8 at a time, until golden brown. Serve immediately.