Adapted from a recipe by: Chef Sean Fogarty, Steenbock’s on Orchard
- 2 zucchini sliced length wise ¼" thick
- 3 ripe tomatoes quartered, core and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons Aioli or mayonnaise mixed with 1 clove minced garlic
- 6 ounces Roth® Buttermilk Blue® Cheese
- 1 loaf hearty sourdough bread sliced ½" thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Lay the sliced zucchini out on a parchment paper lined sheet tray and place one thin slice garlic beneath each slice. Break each sprig of thyme in half and place half of the thyme on top of the zucchini. Drizzle 2 ounces olive oil over the zucchini, sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper, and bake for 45 minutes or until the zucchini has begun to roast slightly around the edges.
- Lay the tomatoes out on a parchment lined sheet tray and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Place one slice of garlic on each tomato and top with the remaining thyme, sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini from the sheet tray when cool. Once cooled, remove the skin from the tomatoes.
- Between 6 pieces of bread, divide the Buttermilk Blue® Cheese. Lay out the zucchini and tomatoes on the bread evenly, spread aioli on the other slices of bread, and close the sandwiches.
- Heat a skillet and place butter in the skillet and heat until it begins to bubble. Toast gently on both sides pressing regularly to bind the cheese and bread. The sandwiches will be done when the cheese has melted fully and bread is golden brown.
- Cut and serve with a green salad dressed in lemon vinaigrette, if desired.