The blend of Grand Cru, Havarti and Sharp Cheddar cheeses–make this stove-top dish easy and extra good.
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) elbow or penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces cremini or baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon medium sweet sherry
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Roth® Ultimate Mac & Cheese Shred Blends
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and melt. Add garlic, thyme, onion and mushrooms. Sauté 5-8 minutes until mixture browns a bit. Add sherry.
- Meanwhile, combine half and half and cornstarch in a bowl until well blended. Add to skillet; bring to simmer over meat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Slowly add cheese blend. Stir until cheese melts; add reserved pasta, season to taste and heat over medium-low until heated through. Serve immediately.