A warm bowl of cheesy grits made with Roth Dill Havarti topped with blistered onions and a jammy egg always hits the spot. This cheese pairs well with just about everything, but brings such a unique flavor to creamy grits that satisfies you long into the late morning hours. By: Girl Meets Kitchen
- 1/2 cup grits
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces Roth Dill Havarti, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Add 2 eggs to a small saucepan and cover with room temp water. Bring to a boil and turn the stovetop off. Let sit for 5 minutes and 50 seconds. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small skillet atop your stovetop, add 2 tbsp EVOO and add the sliced onions. Cook 8-10 minutes or until the onions are slightly crunchy but not blackened.
- Meanwhile, in a separate medium saucepan, add chicken stock, grits and salt and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn heat off and stir in the shredded dill havarti.
- Divide the grits between 2 bowls and top with the crispy onions and one peeled jammy egg cut in half.