When you're craving something differently delicious, these cross-culture ramen balls with Havarti will answer the call.
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon gochujang red chile paste sauce
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Roth® shredded Havarti Cheese
- 2-3 cups peanut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp nori furikake , optional
- Crush ramen noodles in their unopened packaging. Remove noodles, discarding packaging, and place in microwave-safe dish. Cover with hot water and microwave 3 minutes. Drain noodles and reserve in a bowl.
- Make sauce: Slowly mix cornstarch and milk in saucepan over medium heat. Add gochujang sauce and blend thoroughly. Stir sauce constantly. When it begins to thicken, add cheese. Stir into sauce until melted. Add sauce to reserved noodles. Refrigerate, covered, until fully cooled and set.
- Remove noodles from refrigerator. Form into 20-24 balls and place on cookie sheet. Place in freezer 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil to 375°F in deep fryer or cast iron skillet.
- Whisk eggs; place panko breadcrumbs in separate bowl. Drench balls in eggs to completely cover; roll in breadcrumbs until fully covered.
- Fry ramen balls in batches (do not crowd) depending on size of fryer, until golden brown and cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Serve with mayonnaise and nori furikakeon the side.