Enjoy this classic American sandwich, Roth-style.
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices swirl rye bread
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Roth Grand Cru® cheese
- 3 tablespoon hot or mild giardiniera
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pastrami
- Thousand Island dressing
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat.
- Lightly butter 1 side of bread slices; place 1 slice, butter-side-down, in hot skillet. Evenly spread cheese over bread slice. Top with giardiniera, pastrami and second bread slice, butter-side-up. Grill about 4 minutes; flip and grill additional 4 minutes or until sandwich is heated through, cheese is melted and bread is browned.
- Serve with Thousand Island dressing for dipping.