With leftover turkey and canned pumpkin puree, this is the perfect way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers.
- For Pumpkin Sauce:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For Pizza:
- 4 small flatbread or naan (about 6 to 8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Roth® Original Grand Cru® Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded or cubed turkey
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Arugula, for serving
- Honey, for serving
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend all pumpkin sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy, adding more water to thin, if necessary. Consistency should be similar to tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Place the four flatbreads on parchment-lined baking sheets. Top each flatbread with 3 to 4 tablespoons pumpkin sauce, 1/4 cup shredded turkey, red onion and 1/2 cup shredded Grand Cru® Cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Top with arugula and a drizzle of honey, for serving.