Waffles get sophisticated when they become an appetizer, loaded with worldly flavors and the Swiss influence of Grand Cru° Original.
- 8 frozen waffles, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 3 sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cu2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Grand Cru® Original Cheese, divided
- 8 thinly sliced brown mushrooms
- Heat broiler.
- Place waffles on lightly greased baking sheet. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, mustard, scallions, garlic and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Mix well. Distribute cheese mixture evenly over waffles; top with mushrooms Sprinkle remaining cheese over. Broil approximately 10 minutes. Cut in eighths. Serve immediately.
- For variety, you can substitute roasted red peppers or artichoke hearts for the mushrooms.