Add this Spanish tapenade to a panini to give it an extra kick. Chef John Hogan, Keefer's, Chicago, IL
- Spanish Tapenade
- 10 Spanish black olives, pitted
- 4 piquillo peppers
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup almonds, slivered
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper and Tabasco®, to taste
- 5 ounces Serrano ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Roth GranQueso®, sliced
- 2 small flat ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse to a medium chop (any leftover tapenade should be refrigerated).
- Layer ham and Roth GranQueso® on bottom half of ciabatta rolls, and liberally spread tapenade on top half of rolls.
- Brush outside of rolls with extra virgin olive oil and grill on a panini press for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.