This chili is loaded with so much goodness like sprouted beans and lentils, fresh vegetables and 3 different kinds of beans. It’s especially tasty topped with Roth Chipotle Havarti. The smoky notes of the cheese compliment this hearty bowl of chili so well, and the pairing is perfection. This recipe makes a very large stockpot of chili, and can be made in a crockpot. By: Girl Meets Kitchen
- Roth Chipotle Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1/2 bag sprouted bean and lentil medley
- 15 oz each can of kidney, pinto and black beans, including the liquid
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 stalks celery hearts, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 x 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 x 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 5 tbsp. chili powder.
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 cups beef or chicken stock
- Brown the beef with the diced onions, celery and carrots until the beef is cooked throughout.
- Cook the sprouted lentil/bean mix per the directions on the package on the stovetop in a medium saucepan.
- If making this in a crockpot: add the browned beef and cooked vegetables plus cooked lentil/bean mix into the crockpot with all remaining ingredients. Stir well and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- If cooking in a stockpot on the stovetop, brown the beef and vegetables, then stir in remaining ingredients – including the cooked lentil/bean mix. Simmer on medium low to low heat for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Dish out into bowls and top with all the shredded chipotle havarti cheese.
Optional toppings: fresh or canned jalapeños, cilantro, green onions.