The unconventional combination of Buttermilk Blue and cantaloupe melon is deliciously harmonious in this pasta. Serve a large bowl at your next get-together and your guests will be begging for the recipe! By: Chef Jasper Mirabile, Jasper’s and Marco Polo’s Italian Market, Kansas City, MO
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup prosciutto, chopped
- 2 cups cantaloupe melon, diced
- 2 cups cream
- 6 ounces (1 cup) Roth® Buttermilk Blue® Cheese, crumbled
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté prosciutto until crispy. Add melon and cook for 2-3 additional minutes.
- Stir in cream and cook until reduced by half.
- Stir in Buttermilk Blue and cracked pepper; add pasta and toss with mint. Serve hot.