Alter the blueprint for this appealing fresh sandwich by choosing a favorite flavored hummus or substituting bean sprouts for the edamame.
- 1/2 cup plain hummus, divided
- 6 thin slices whole grain bread
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4-6 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 6 slices Roth® Van Gough® Natural Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cooked edamame, divided
- 1/2 small English cucumber, pared into ribbons
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- Spread hummus evenly on 1 side of 4 bread slices. On 2 hummus-spread slices, layer avocado slices, lettuce leaves, tomato slices and Van Gogh Smoked Gouda slices. Set aside. These slices will be the sandwich bottom.
- On remaining 2 plain slices, spread mayonnaise on both sides. Places slices over layered bottom slices. Top with edamame, cucumber ribbons, and red pepper slices. Top with remaining two hummus spread slices, plain side up, to close sandwich. Secure with a toothpick, if desired.