Sweet meets savory in this France-inspired sandwich.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1-ounce slice Roth Original Grand Cru® cheese
- 3 ounces sliced ham
- 1-2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- Powdered sugar, optional
- Mix egg and milk in bowl that will accommodate bread slices. Place bread slices, one at a time, in bowl and coat completely with egg mixture.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add bread slices to skillet. Cook bottom sides until golden brown. Flip slices.
- Layer cheese, ham and cranberry sauce on 1 bread slice. Top with remaining slice, browned side up.
- Continue cooking until bottom slice is golden brown and cheese begins to melt. Dust sandwiches with powdered sugar, if you wish. Serve immediately.