This simple side dish wows with Grand Cru Cheese. Adapted from a recipe by: Chef Scott McFarland, dining director of Conserve School, Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin
- Butter for baking dish
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) clarified butter*
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 unpeeled russet baking potatoes, thinly sliced (about ⅛ inch thick)
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Roth® Original Grand Cru® Cheese
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter 9″x9″ baking dish or 6 individual ramekins.
- In a small bowl, mix clarified butter and garlic.
- Shingle 1/3 of potato slices in one layer in prepared baking dish (or divide among ramekins). Liberally brush potatoes with garlic butter. Sprinkle with 1/3 of Original Grand Cru Cheese. Repeat procedure twice more for a total of 3 layers.
- Cover dish(es) with foil; bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; bake additional 5-10 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
* Although clarified butter is preferred, melted butter may be substituted.