These potatoes are bursting with flavor and sure to please, thanks to their cheesy, creamy texture. Recipe by Chef Jasper Mirabile, Jasper's and Marco Polo's Italian Market, Kansas City
- 4 medium Idaho potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled Roth Buttermilk Blue® Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (6ounces) shredded Grand Cru® Reserve Cheese, divided
- 6-8 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Blanch potato slices in boiling water. Drain and pat dry.
- Butter 9 x 12 casserole dish. Layer half the potato slices over bottom of dish Top with onion slices, green onions, Moody Blue®, 1 cup Grand Cru® Reserve, mushrooms and prosciutto. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with remaining potato slices; pour half and half over casserole and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Grand Cru Reserve.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove casserole from oven; top with green peas and remaining Grand Cru Reserve. Bake additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- The recipe may also be made in individual ramekins.