A favorite sandwich inspires another favorite–mac and cheese. Roth's Ultimate 3-cheese shredded blend makes it convenient to use and richly delicious to taste.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) short, hollow pasta, such as elbows or penne rigate
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups (1 6-ounce package) Roth® Ultimate Mac & Cheese Shred Blends
- 30 baby romaine lettuce or spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomato, ½-inch dice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high; fry bacon until slightly crispy. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and onion to skillet; sauté until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Combine half and half and cornstarch in a bowl; mix well. Add to skillet and bring to slow simmer. Stir until sauce thickens slightly. Slowly stir in Roth® Ultimate Cheese Shreds until fully melted. Add reserved pasta and heat thoroughly. Add romaine or spinach leaves and tomato; warm 1 minute. Serve immediately.