When you want to make a pasta dish special, this version –with shrimp, crab, and Ultimate Mac & Cheese shreds is your answer!
- 2 cups (8 ounces) short, curly pasta, such as elbow or cavatappi
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 4 canned, drained artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 tablespoons diced sundried tomatoes in oil
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay® seafood seasoning
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 large (31-40 count) peeled, deveined uncooked shrimp
- 1 6–ounce package Roth® Ultimate Mac & Cheese Shred Blends
- 4 ounces cooked crab meat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high; add butter, garlic, and onion; sauté 3 minutes until softened.
- Add artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and Old Bay® seasoning; sauté an additional 2 minutes.
- Combine half and half and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in half and half mixture and shrimp. Bring to a light simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- Slowly add Ultimate Mac & Cheese Shred Blend; continue stirring until fully melted.
- Fold in crab meat, reserved pasta and salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and serve immediately.