Shake up your breakfast routine with eggs atop a savory acorn squash half.
- 1 acorn squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup frozen tater tots or hash browns
- 1/2 cup shredded Roth Original Grand Cru® cheese
- 3 ounces chopped ham
- 2 eggs
- Prepared tomatillo sauce, at room temperature or warmed (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place squash halves in baking dish, cut-side-down. Bake 30 minutes, turn squash cut-side-up.
- Bake 30-35 minutes more, or until squash is tender. (The squash can also be baked ahead of time and refrigerated.) Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- Divide tater tots between squash halves. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, heat small greased skillet. Add ham and cook until warmed through, stirring. Remove ham.
- Prepare eggs, either over easy or scrambled, adding butter to skillet if necessary, for cooking.
- Place an egg on each squash half, scatter ham over. Serve immediately with tomatillo sauce, if desired.