Crunchy, refreshing and pleasantly assertive, thanks to Buttermilk Blue.
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil or safflower oil
- 6-7 small to medium peeled, cooked beets, preferably roasted
- 5-6 large carrots, julienned or shaved in spirals
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted or candied walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) crumbled Roth® Buttermilk Blue® Cheese
- Place vinegar, honey and oil in jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously until well blended.
- Place beets and carrots in separate bowls. Toss each with dressing. Arrange beets on bottom of serving dish; top with carrots. Sprinkle with shallot slices, walnuts and Buttermilk Blue.
- Refrigerate, if not serving immediately.