When French bread and Fontina cheese meet, melty magic happens.
- 1 (12-inch) loaf French baguette or other crusty bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Roth Fontina cheese, shredded
- 8 leaves basil, julienned
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 425° degrees F.
- Split bread loaf, forming 2 long open-face halves. Place on baking sheet; brush with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic salt evenly over bread halves.
- Top halves with cheese, basil and black pepper.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.