Sophisticated but simple at the same time, this elegant dish is made with our uniquely addictive Canela cheese.
- For the Mac & Cheese:
- 1 pound mini penne
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) butter
- 2 ounces (6 tablespoons) all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 quart milk), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Roth Canela cheese
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- For the Lobster Cream Sauce:
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound (16 ounces) cooked and chopped lobster meat
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 10-x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Cook mini penne al dente, according to package directions. Drain. Transfer to large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook flour-butter mixture for about 1 minute or until thickened but not browned. Slowly stir in warm milk, whisking constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper; stir until fully melted. Pour cheese sauce over penne and stir. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until edges and top are lightly browned.
- Make Lobster Cream Sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring heavy cream to gentle boil and sustain gentle boil until cream thickens. Do NOT allow cream to come to rolling boil.
- Stir in lobster meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Plate helpings of baked macaroni and cheese and top with lobster sauce. Serve immediately.