Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Peppers are a game day staple. We love adding our original Prairie Sunset® cheese—sweet, approachable, and perfectly melty (or sub Gouda).
- 3 Anaheim or other mild peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh chorizo, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Roth Prairie Sunset® cheese
- 6 slices bacon
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Chopped scallions, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make a lengthwise slit down the middle of chiles (do not cut through!). Seed and devein chiles, then set aside.
- Heat small skillet. Add chorizo and cook until no longer pink. Stuff each chile with a small amount of chorizo. Top with shredded cheese, then wrap bacon around each pepper,
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange chiles on a baking sheet, and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon crisps. Serve with sour cream and chopped scallions, if desired.