When you've got a BBQ craving, this Carolina BBQ Pork Tenderloin sandwich is it. Topped with our fan-favorite Jalapeño Havarti for an extra kick of heat.
- For the Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce:
- 1 quart apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- For the Sandwich:
- 3-4 cups Carolina-Style BBQ sauce (recipe below), divided
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) pork tenderloin
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup coleslaw
- 1 (6-oz) package Roth Jalapeño Havarti cheese, sliced 1/8-inch thick
For the Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce:
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, then add remaining 4 ingredients. Let cool for 2 hours (or overnight). Divide into 2 portions—for the sauce and the marinade.
For the Sandwich:
- Marinate pork in 2 cups BBQ sauce for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
- Preheat grill, then grill tenderloin to an internal temperature of 155 degrees F, basting often with remaining sauce.
- Remove pork from grill, and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice and brush with additional sauce.
- Toast rolls and layer with coleslaw, sliced pork, and Jalapeño Havarti. Serve sandwiches with a side of barbecue sauce.