A Southern sandwich with the added zing of Jalapeño Havarti.
- For Sandwich:
- 3-4 cups Carolina-style BBQ sauce (recipe below), divided
- 1½ pound pork tenderloin
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup coleslaw
- 4 slices Roth® Jalapeño Havarti Cheese (approximately 1/8” thick)
- For BBQ Sauce/Marinade:
- 1 quart apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- Prepare BBQ sauce/marinade.
- Marinate pork in 2 cups BBQ sauce for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
- Preheat grill; grill tenderloin to an internal temperature of 155°F, basting often with remaining sauce.
- Remove pork from grill, allow to rest for 10 minutes, thinly slice and brush with additional sauce.
- Toast rolls and layer with coleslaw, sliced pork and Jalapeño Havarti cheese. Serve sandwiches with a side of barbecue sauce.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes; add remaining 4 ingredients. Let cool for 2 hours (or overnight), divide into 2 portions, for sauce and marinade.