These elote-inspired charred corn cups are the easiest 10-minute summer side dish, party app or snack. The perfect marriage between the flavors of Mexican street corn and our fresh, tangy goat cheese.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4-5 small cobs)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, taco seasoning or Tajín seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 small lime
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces Roth Plain Chèvre goat cheese, crumbled
- Additional cilantro, crushed red pepper flake and lime juice, for garnish (optional)
- In a sauté pan over high heat, melt butter. Add corn. Stir occasionally, letting the corn brown and caramelize, about 3 to 5 minutes. Corn will begin to ‘pop’ and become charred.
- Next, add charred corn to a medium bowl with mayo, cilantro, seasoning of choice and lime juice. Mix until combined, and season with a pinch of salt & pepper, to taste.
- Divide mixture into cups, and crumble goat cheese over the top. Serve with cilantro, crushed red pepper flakes and lime juice, if desired.