This kid-friendly Cheesy Butternut Squash Hummus is perfectly orange Halloween party fare that feeds a crowd — especially when decorated with fake fingers, worms and creepy decorations to up the spook factor. This easy, 10-minute hummus is a bit savory, a bit sweet and excellent for dipping with crackers and veggies.
- 1 (15- to 16-oz) can cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cooked & mashed butternut squash
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil*
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup shredded Roth Gouda cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Crackers & vegetables, for dipping
For a thicker hummus, use 1/4 cup olive oil or for a thinner hummus, increase to 1/2 cup)
- In a large food processor, puree chickpeas, butternut squash, olive oil, tahini, honey and spices until smooth.
- Add Gouda, and puree until just blended.
- Season with salt and pepper, tasting hummus and adding more salt and pepper, if desired.