This easy, 10-minute butternut squash hummus with Gouda is a bit savory, a bit sweet, and excellent for dipping with crackers and veggies. Make it festive for Halloween by decorating it with fake fingers, worms, and creepy decorations to up the spook factor.
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cooked and mashed butternut squash
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil*
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup shredded Roth Gouda cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Crackers & vegetables, for dipping
- In a large food processor, purée chickpeas, butternut squash, olive oil, tahini, honey, and spices until smooth.
- Add cheese, and purée only until just blended.
- Season with salt and pepper, tasting hummus and adding more salt and pepper if desired.
*For a thicker hummus, use 1/4 cup olive oil. For a thinner hummus, increase oil to 1/2 cup.