Creamy goat cheese pasta swirled with a rich, lemony-kale pesto is all you need to elevate your pasta. In the time it takes to cook a pot of pasta, this dish will be on your table! Recipe by: Erin, Platings and Pairings
- 12 ounces cavatappi (or any pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces Roth Garlic Herb Chèvre goat cheese
- Fresh chopped basil
- Chopped Walnuts
- For the Kale Pesto:
- 3 cups torn kale (stems removed)
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, pulse the kale, basil, olive oil, walnuts, garlic, lemon zest & juice and salt in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the goat cheese, pasta and ½ cup of the reserved pasta cooking water to the shallot/garlic mixture. Cook, over medium heat, stirring gently, until the cheese coats the pasta, adding additional cooking water if needed to loosen the sauce.
- Add the pesto and stir gently to combine.
- Serve garnished with additional chopped basil, walnuts and goat cheese, if desired.