This quick 30-minute recipe is perfect for enjoying August's bounty of summer produce (tomatoes, kale, cucumber, herbs, oh my!). Make it on Sunday and have it to enjoy for lunch or dinner all week long. Even better, pack it up and bring it to a picnic to share.
- 12 ounces dried farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber slices, quartered
- 1/2 cup banana peppers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 ounces sliced salami, cut into quarters
- 1 package (6-oz) Roth Original Havarti, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Fresh parsley & oregano, for garnish
- Olives, for garnish
- For The Creamy Red Wine Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare Creamy Red Wine Dressing by placing all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Puree for 30 seconds to one minute until dressing is creamy and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, add kale, tomatoes, cucumber, banana peppers, red onion, salami and Havarti cheese. Drain and rinse pasta, then add to the bowl. Pour in dressing, and toss pasta salad until well-coated. To serve, garnish with fresh parsley and oregano and olives, if desired.