Spice up your holiday season with this jalapeno cheese ball. Made with our creamy Jalapeño Havarti cheese in just 10 quick minutes!
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 (8-oz) packages plain cream cheese, softened
- 2 (6-oz) packages Roth Jalapeño Havarti cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup diced scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced almonds, for coating
- Crackers and vegetable crudités, for serving
- Preheat oven to high broil.
- Add jalapeño and bell pepper to a baking sheet. Place under the broiler, and roast until charred all over. Remove from oven, and cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, Jalapeño Havarti, scallions, and garlic. Add heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time to thin, if needed, making it easier to mix.
- Once cooled, scrape the charred skin off the jalapeño and bell pepper. Remove stems, dice, and add to cream cheese mixture. Taste the mixture, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to a large piece of plastic wrap, and form the mixture into a ball. Wrap the ball, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, roll in sliced almonds, then place on a platter with crackers and vegetable crudités for dipping.