Easy and elegant–-these sophisticated nibbles will delight your guests (and family). Adapted from a recipe by: John Weir, chef/cookbook author
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large bulbs endive
- 3/4 cup (about 4 ounces) Roth® Buttermilk Blue® Cheese
- ¼ cup fig jam
- Warm olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions are soft and caramelized, stirring, occasionally, about 30-40 minutes. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut 1/2 inch off bottoms of each endive head and discard, along with outer leaves. Separate remaining leaves; rinse and dry. (The leaves may be refrigerated for up to 4 hours if stored in a single layer on damp paper towels.)
- Fill leaves with caramelized onions; top with 1/2 teaspoon Buttermilk Blue and dollop of fig jam. Serve immediately.