Crushed honey roasted butternut squash, crispy sage and crunchy bread that’s coated in a thick layer of tangy goat cheese. It’s sweet, tangy, crispy, crunchy and super easy to make! Recipe by: Grilled Cheese Social
- 4 cups butternut squash, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 log Roth Plain Chèvre
- 4 sage leaves
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss butternut squash cubes with olive oil, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and red pepper flakes. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large pan and turn the heat to medium. Add the sage leaves and fry until crispy. Remove sage then place the bread onto the leftover oil. Toast each piece on both sides until they’re golden brown.
- Then when the squash is done cooking, place the cubes in a bowl and add honey. Use a fork to lightly mash everything together.
- Smear 1 oz of goat cheese onto each piece of toasted bread then top with a few spoonfuls of the honey butternut squash mash.
- Crumble the crispy sage on top and serve.