Green Chile Chicken Burgers are sure to spice up your weeknight menu! Made with our creamy, spicy Jalapeño Havarti cheese and a homemade zesty mayo.
- For the Burgers:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green Anaheim chile, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, diced
- 3 tablespoons Merlot wine
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, ground
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- 1 (6-oz) package Roth Jalapeño Havarti cheese, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons Zesty Mayonnaise (recipe below)
- Mixed greens, for topping (optional)
- For Zesty Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño (remove rib and seeds for less spice)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Burgers:
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine first eight ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, and gently form into patties (avoid overhandling the mixture).
- Lightly coat grill rack with vegetable oil. Place patties on grill, then cover and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Top each patty with equal amounts of Jalapeño Havarti for the last minute of cooking to melt.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast rolls on grill, if desired.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread one tablespoon Zesty Mayonnaise on the bottom of each bun. Top with chicken patty and mixed greens, if desired.
For the Zesty Mayonnaise:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate.