Grilled Buffalo Shrimp Sandwich with Buttermilk Blue® Dressing to satisfy all your spicy cravings. Less than 20 minutes from start to finish!
- For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled Roth Buttermilk Blue® cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- For the Sandwich:
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 celery rib, julienned
- 16-20 large raw shrimp, shelled, deveined with tails removed
- 1-2 tablespoons Old Bay® seasoning
- 1 cup Frank's RedHot® Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
For the Dressing:
- Mix all dressing ingredients. Refrigerate several hours or overnight for best flavor.
For the Sandwich:
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Mix carrot, celery and 1/4 cup Buttermilk Blue® Dressing in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Season shrimp with Old Bay®, then thread on skewers (about 4 to 5 shrimp per skewer). Place on hot grill. Cook approximately 1 to 2 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until shrimp is just cooked through.
- Heat buffalo sauce in a large microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and toss well.
- Place rolls on grill until lightly toasted.
- Remove from grill. Layer tomato and lettuce on toasted roll bottoms, then top with shrimp and 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Garnish with carrot and celery slaw, and serve.
- Place remaining Buttermilk Blue® Dressing in bowls for dipping.