By: Jeanine Donofrio, Love and Lemons
- 2 Anaheim peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 package (6 ounces) Roth Original or Jalapeño Havarti
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- Roast peppers by charring them whole over a gas burner or under a broiler until the skin is blackened all over. Remove from heat and place in an airtight container for 10 minutes. Peel and remove the loose skin. Slice off the stem and remove the membranes and seeds.
- Place roasted peppers, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, salt, honey, cilantro, pepitas and a few grinds of black pepper into a food processor and pulse until combined into a harissa mixture. Add olive oil and process until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Spread harissa mixture onto bread slices. Top with spinach leaves and grated Roth Havarti cheese.
- Grill both sides in a frying pan on medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.