These bite-sized Jalapeno Poppers are a party fave with an extra crunchy coating and extra spicy kick thanks to our Jalapeño Havarti cheese.
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces Roth Jalapeño Havarti cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound jalapeño peppers
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 quart vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, Jalapeño Havarti, lime juice, and seasonings. Stir to combine. Cover and chill while preparing the jalapenos.
- Trim and discard the top and bottom of each jalapeno, then cut into 1-inch rings. Remove seeds and white inner ribs from each ring (we recommend wearing gloves!).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Pack cream cheese mixture into each jalapeno ring, filling it completely then smoothing the ends.
- Fill three small bowls: one with milk, one with flour, and one with breadcrumbs. Working with one popper at a time, dip in milk then coat with flour.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining poppers. Let the coating sit for 5 minutes.
- Working one at a time, return floured poppers to milk, turning to coat. Transfer to breadcrumbs, pressing into the breadcrumbs to form an even coating. Repeat with the remaining poppers.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, bring ~2 inches of oil to 350 degrees F. Drop 4 to 6 poppers in the oil at a time, turning as necessary until golden brown all over, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.