Paired with kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, and sopressata salami, this loaded bread will disappear quickly on the appetizer table! By: Sarah Menanix, Snixy Kitchen
- 1 (8-oz) baguette or sourdough French bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1 (6-oz) package Roth Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 8 thin slices sopressata salami
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F and place baguette halves face up on a baking sheet. You can use parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, garlic and parsley. Spoon this mixture evenly over the faces of the bread.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded Gouda on top of the faces of the bread, reserving half of the cheese for topping later.
- Divide the olives and artichoke hearts over the faces of the bread and sprinkle the remaining half of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- While the cheese is still hot, place the thinly sliced salami on top with a few wavy folds, pressing the edges into the cheese.
- Top with arugula and a few cracks of freshly ground pepper.
- Slice and serve warm.