This fresh, 20-minute salad is made with our tangy, creamy honey goat cheese — our new favorite STRESS-FREE recipe! By: Love and Lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin seeds*
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and diced
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced into thin half moons
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 ounces Roth Honey Chèvre goat cheese
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted chickpeas, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast the cumin seeds until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and crush them a bit (a mortar & pestle is easiest for this). Add them to the bowl and stir.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, dates, cucumbers, red pepper, and parsley to the bowl and toss. Transfer to a serving platter and dollop with the goat cheese, sprinkle with mint, and top with extra roasted chickpeas, if desired. Season to taste and serve.
*If using ground cumin seeds, use a heaping ½ teaspoon and add it directly to the mixing bowl — no need to toast.