Caramelized Brussels sprouts are the PERFECT side dish. Hearty, sweet & salty, and the perfect pairing for our peppery Horseradish Havarti cheese.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Roth Horseradish Havarti cheese, shredded
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Place top oven rack underneath the broiler, and preheat oven to low broil. If you do not have a low setting, move the rack further away (down) from the broiler heat source.
- Place a medium or large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, Brussels sprouts, and shallots, and stir vegetables to coat. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, flipping vegetables every few minutes until evenly browned.
- Remove the skillet from heat, and let cool 2-3 minutes. Add heavy cream, tossing vegetables to coat, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle Horseradish Havarti cheese over the top; and place skillet under hot broiler.
- Broil about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and begins to bubble. Garnish with parsley, if desired, and additional salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.