This sheetpan kielbasa is dinner at its easiest and tastiest! With succulent kielbasa sausage, roasted vegetables, and a rich Smoked Gouda cheese sauce for dipping.
- 6 cups mixed vegetables, cut into 1-inch chunks (broccoli, bell peppers, onions, carrots, Brussels sprouts)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 kielbasa links or 1 (14-oz) kielbasa rope, cut into 1-inch chunks
- For the Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk
- 1 (6-oz) wedge Roth Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place vegetables on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, caraway, and black pepper. Mix vegetables until coated, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan over low. Melt butter, then add garlic. Cook garlic 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Whisk in ground mustard, paprika and flour to form a roux. Slowly add in milk, whisking vigorously to ensure no lumps remain. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, whisking occasionally, until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add cheese in small handfuls, whisking between each addition to ensure cheese is melted and incorporated into the sauce. Whisk in horseradish, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove vegetables from oven, and add kielbasa chunks to the pan. Return to the oven, and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide kielbasa-vegetable mixture into four bowls, and serve with a small dish of Smoked Gouda Cheese Sauce for dipping. Alternatively, drizzle cheese sauce over the kielbasa-vegetable mixture, then serve.
*There will be leftover Smoked Gouda Cheese Sauce.