By: Bev Weidner, Bev Cooks
- 1 crusty baguette, cut into diagonal slices
- 6 oz smoked salmon
- 1-2 tablespoons mayo (more if you like!)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Dash of your favorite hot sauce
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 (6 oz) package of Roth Dill Havarti Cheese, grated
- Chop salmon and mash with mortar and pestle. Add mayo, red onion, and hot sauce. Mash again until it becomes a paste-like spread. (No salt needed!)
- Add Dill Havarti evenly to 4 baguette slices. Top with salmon spread. Add a sprig of fresh dill on top of each baguette, and gently place the other half of the baguette on top.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and grill each sandwich for about two minutes per side, until the cheese melts and the bread gets grilled and crunchy.
- Slice and serve.