This is a simple, tailgate-friendly Spicy Buffalo Cheese Ball with Gouda and Jalapeño Havarti! One bowl, 10 minutes, and easily adaptable to anyone's spice level.
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely shredded Roth Gouda cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded Roth Jalapeño Havarti cheese
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot or buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, trimmed and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slivered almonds, for coating
- Crackers, crudités and/or pretzel sticks, for dipping
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, Gouda & Jalapeño Havarti cheeses, 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, melted butter, garlic, and scallions until smooth. The texture should be thick but mixable. Add 1 to 2 extra tablespoons buffalo sauce for more heat, if desired. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer cheese ball mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Cover mixture in plastic wrap, forming into a ball. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, roll the cheese ball in slivered almonds, and serve on a tray with crackers, crudités (carrots, celery and cherry tomatoes) and pretzel sticks, for dipping.