Smoky flavors and spicy Spanish chorizo are combined with beer and our 3 Chile Pepper Gouda cheese for the perfect game day dip.
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Roth 3 Chile Pepper Gouda or Gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced Spanish-style chorizo*
- 2 tablespoons light beer
- Scallion slices, diced tomatoes and onion, for garnish (optional)
- Vegetables and thick-cut tortilla chips, for dipping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss Gouda with cornstarch to fully coat.
- Add mushrooms, chorizo, and beer. Place in a baking dish suitable for dipping. Cover dish with foil, and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Scatter with scallions, tomatoes, and onion, if desired. Serve immediately with vegetables and thick-cut tortilla chips.
*Spanish chorizo is smoked and cured, requiring no further cooking before adding to recipe. Mexican chorizo is freshly ground and must be cooked before adding to this recipe, if you plan to substitute.