This Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Pizza always hits the spot. Plus, it's on the table in just 30 minutes! Made with our smoky 3 Chile Pepper Gouda or our regular Gouda cheeses.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (12-oz) ball prepared pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Roth 3 Chile Pepper Gouda or Gouda cheese, shredded
- Green onion slices, for garnish
- Sriracha hot sauce, for garnish
- Place pizza stone in the oven, and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place butter and onion in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden and lightly caramelized, about 20 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter or a rounded rectangle about 13 inches in length. Transfer dough to hot pizza stone. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with garlic. Spread pizza and BBQ sauces over, and top with broccoli, chicken, caramelized onions, and Gouda cheese.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Remove from oven, and let sit 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with green onions and Sriracha hot sauce before serving.
Note: If you do not have a pizza stone, preheat the oven then assemble the pizza on an upside-down baking sheet. It will need about 20 to 22 minutes of baking time. Using a baking sheet will result in a less crispy crust.