Here's one version of supreme pizza happy: sweet, spicy AND exceptionally cheesy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweet onion slices, sliced thin
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 (12-oz) ball prepared pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Roth 3 Chile Pepper Gouda or Gouda cheese, shredded
- Green onion slices, for garnish (optional)
- Sriracha hot sauce, for garnish (optional)
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Place pizza stone in the oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place butter and onion in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden and lightly caramelized, about 20 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter or rounded rectangle about 13 inches in length. Transfer dough to hot pizza stone; brush with olive oil and sprinkle garlic over. Spread pizza and BBQ sauces over, and top pizza evenly with broccoli, chicken, reserved onion slices, and Gouda cheese.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Remove from oven, let sit 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with green onions, Sriracha hot sauce or crushed red pepper for more heat, if desired.
Note: If you do not have a pizza stone, you can preheat the oven, then assemble the pizza on an upside-down baking sheet. It will need about 20 to 22 minutes of baking time. Using a baking sheet will result in a less crispy crust.