Dill Havarti on challah with ham and fresh arugula – what could be better than that? So many terrific flavors on one buttery sandwich! By: Meggan Hill, Culinary Hill
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices challah bread
- 1 pound Roth® Dill Havarti Cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces deli ham
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- Butter all 8 slices of bread on each side. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, arrange 4 slices of bread butter-side down in a single layer (work in batches if necessary).
- Layer Dill Havarti, ham, arugula, and a spread of whole-grain mustard on each sandwich. Top with second slice of bread (butter side up) and flip when the bottom is golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt.
- Continue cooking until the second side is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Remove to a cutting board, cut each sandwich in half, and serve.