By: Meggan Hill, Culinary Hill
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices oat bread
- 1 pound Roth Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 slices roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup pesto*
- Butter all 8 slices of bread on one side. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, arrange 4 slices of bread butter-side down in a single layer (work in batches, if necessary).
- Layer Gouda, roasted red peppers, and a spread of pesto on each sandwich. Top with the second slice of bread (butter side up) and flip when the bottom is golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt.
- Continue cooking until the second side is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut each sandwich in half, and serve.
*Note: Use store-bought pesto or make your own. To make pesto, combine in a food processor: 2 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts), 1 cup fresh basil, ½ cup fresh parsley, and 1 tablespoon shredded Roth Grand Cru® cheese. Process to a coarse paste, then stream in ¼ cup olive oil until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.