Turkey Taco Cups are fun AND customizable for a laid-back party appetizer or packed into your kid's school lunch. With turkey taco meat, shredded Gouda cheese, and all the fixings.
- For the Taco Meat:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 (1-oz) packet taco seasoning
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (6-oz) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- For the Taco Cups:
- Roth Gouda cheese, shredded
- Lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, finely diced
- Tortilla chip scoops
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning, garlic, and oregano until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add ground turkey and cook, breaking the meat up into crumbles, until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Stir in tomato paste, water, and vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.
- To assemble, divide the turkey taco meat among your scoop-shaped tortilla chips. Top with cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and any other toppings you desire (sour cream, jalapeños, pickled red onion, the choices are endless!).