These Turkey Taco Cups a great for small hands at lunch time! Send healthy turkey taco meat, Original Van Gogh Gouda cheese, and all their favorite fixings. Makes one pound turkey taco meat.
- For the Taco Meat:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- For Taco Cups:
- Roth® Van Gogh® Natural Smoked Gouda Cheese, shredded
- Lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, finely diced
- Tortilla chips (Scoop shape)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning, garlic, and oregano until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, water, and vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.
- To prepare for lunch, pack 1-2 ounces turkey taco meat in a small covered bowl. Include an ice pack and a small spoon.
- Separately, pack shredded Original Van Gogh Gouda cheese, shredded lettuce, finely diced tomatoes, and Scoop tortilla chips.
- To assemble, divide the turkey taco meat among the Scoop chips. Top with cheese, shredded lettuce, and tomatoes.