This semi-homemade green chili recipe is satisfying, homey and ready in less than 30 minutes. The best part? It's made with our spicy Roth 3 Chile Pepper Gouda cheese.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3/4 cup prepared salsa verde (Mexican tomatillo salsa)
- 1 cup canned, drained navy or other white beans
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Roth 3 Chile Pepper Gouda or Gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Hot sauce, for garnish (optional)
- Diced avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo, for garnish (optional)
- Combine turkey and onions in saucepan. Sauté until turkey is cooked and onions are tender. Add salsa, beans, chicken stock and cumin. Season to taste and continue cooking about 10 minutes, until flavors blend.
- Toss shredded Gouda with cornstarch. Slowly add to chili by the handful, stirring between each addition. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Serve immediately with garnishes of choice.