Take your favorite pancake recipe, and sandwich whipped maple goat cheese (made with our Plain Chévre + maple syrup!) and homemade strawberry compote for a fancy-feeling breakfast.
- 1 batch of your favorite pancake recipe, prepared*
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Juice & zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (4-oz) log Roth Plain Chèvre goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
For the Strawberry Compote:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add strawberries, lemon juice, and zest. Mash strawberries slightly to help release their juices. As they cook, strawberries will begin to break down, forming a compote-like texture.
- Let mixture come to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Let cool. Compote will thicken upon standing.
For the Whipped Maple Chèvre:
- Add goat cheese and maple syrup to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat for 1 minute on high, or until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Alternatively, use a hand mixer to whip the goat cheese.
- Add in a pinch of sea salt, and fold into the mixture with a spatula.
To serve, stack pancakes on a plate, and spread heaping spoonfuls of maple Chèvre and strawberry compote between each layer.